Astypalaia is full of moorages hiding a number of beaches. The physical configuration is rich, large or small beaches, some with sand and others with pebbles, but all with very clear blue waters.
- From the most beautiful and cosmopolitan beaches of the island is Livadi. It is the most organized beach on the island, located in the town about 1 km., with sand and pebble, and the trees that grow along the beach and offer natural shade.
- Other popular beaches are Tzanaki, the Vatses, St. John, St. Constantine, Panormos, the Plates, the Golden Sand and Kaminakia.
- The beaches of Mikro and Megalo Steno are about 9 km from the town and located right in the middle of Astypalaia. The first beach that we meet is Mikro Steno, small and with a few trees. Immediately after is the Grand Steno, which is larger in area with more trees, a café and sun umbrellas with deck chairs.
- The beach Analipsi or Maltezana located in the homonym village is about 10 km from the town. It is a beautiful beach with sand and natural shade from trees. At one end of the beach, on the seabed, ruins of ancient houses can be seen. Near the village Analipsi is the Schoinonta beach. This is sandy with few trees for shade, has sun umbrellas with deck chairs and two taverns.
- Other notable beaches are the Three Marmaria, Vathi, Carekli, Vrisi and Vai.
• In remote islands surrounding Astypalea there are many beautiful beaches, which are accessible by boat. The most popular of these is the beach of Koutsomytis and of Mosquitoes.